Statement of Faith
DOCTRINE: We accept the scriptures as authoritative and adopt the following Confession of Faith as our interpretation of Bible doctrine.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired of God and inerrant; that this divine inspiration and inerrancy extends equally and fully to all parts of the Scripture, and whatever scripture teaches is to be trusted and relied upon as being true and of supreme and final authority.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three in one, co-equal, which is the Trinity.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, one of the three persons of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He is the life of every believer, and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures and as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for all believers.
- We believe in the "blessed hope," the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby, they become children of God, and heirs of eternal life. This is a relationship in which they are eternally secure.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell, and the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven.
- We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who receive not Christ as their Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
- We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ, whose mission it is to preach the Gospel to all the world, all of its endeavors being supported by the free will offering of God's People.
- We believe that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism and the Lord's Table.
- We believe that all the foregoing are Bible doctrines; therefore, we stand firm upon this Declaration of Our Faith.