God is building a home. He's using us all—irrespective of how we got here—in what he is building. He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he's using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone that holds all the parts together. We see it taking shape day after day—a holy temple built by God, all of us built into it, a temple in which God is quite at home. Ephesians 2:19-22 (The Message)
The Chapel is brimming with opportunities to serve. Take a minute now to find out where you fit!
KIDS HOPE USA
Serving children at Wildwood Elementary
To find out how you can make a difference for one child, contact Annette Lamond at .
Make New Friends from Around the World
God is bringing the nations to Baton Rouge. And we need your help to welcome them! The International Ministry has different levels of needs: temporary housing, airport picks ups, Walmart runs, and simply being their new American friend. These new International students and families will be thrilled to meet you and receive any help they can as they enter a new foreign place far from home. Contact Amber at 318-514-8823 or
Common Grounds Dessert Team
Want to serve college students by baking once a month for Common Grounds Cafe? Contact Bekah White at .
College - The Refuge
Want to develop closer relationships with college students? Pass on to young people what God has taught you!
- Coach Home: Serve the leadership team of the Refuge on Thursday nights during the semester by cooking dinner and opening up your home to 8-12 college students. Commit no later than August to serve on 2-6 Thursday nights in the fall from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- One-on-One Mentor: meet with a college student weekly, biweekly, or monthly for an hour to two hours pouring into them by sharing your life experiences, praying, and studying the Word together.
- Small Group Mentor: Meet with a small group (2-3) of the college-aged guys or ladies weekly, biweekly, or monthly for an hour to two hours pouring into them by sharing your life experiences, praying, and studying the Word together.
To Volunteer: contact Melanie Furr at
Help make disciples of all nations in the English as a Second Language. (Click here for class days and times.)
- Ministry Teacher/ Co-Teacher: Minister to people from all over the world by teaching the conversational English in the classroom Tuesday mornings (Campus) or Wednesday evenings (Campus/Oaks) during the semester.
- Van Driver: Get to know families from ESL by driving the shuttle for classes (Campus). Requires availability 30-45 minutes before and after the ESL time. Must be 25-70 years old and have a chauffer's license.
- Greeter: Be a friendly face and helpful servant at the beginning of our ESL program by greeting participants and helping them get oriented.
To Volunteer: Elizabeth Hartzog - 225.387.1580 x2106 or
Chapel Prayer Team
We would love for you to be a part of our prayer chain that sends out requests weekly to pray for our church body. Please contact and she can give you further instruction on how to be a part of this team and how to access the prayer requests.